Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trip the Light Fantastic

I swat at that dreaded gnat,
It flies right by my eyes.
And dances, prances in advance of my hands,
I'm surprised in light of its disguise.

My eyes have defied my own mind,
Indeed what seemed to be
A critter to hit or be bitter about,
Wreaks glee in me wholeheartedly.

For in fact, what I track, intact, so compact
So couth I sleuth as it soars.
With apparent intent to lament its descent
By coyly avoiding the floors...

With games that it plays, I make way and lay still for
A bubble that guggled from soap,
I root for its pursuit, it's commute is astute,
So sure I'm lured into hope.

So fragile, it travels to grapple with fate,
At first I'm sure it will burst.
A blunder I wonder what will render asunder,
Though I underestimate its thirst.

It bounces around, clowning and bounding,
Unfulfilled lest it build a great home.
It creates a safe place on the lace of the drapes,
And I know now I won't be alone.

As burst it did not, it got caught in that spot,
Seeming to cling to the string.
Infused in the fibers found fervent with faith
a brand new baby bubble would bring.

Its journey adjourned it turns to its next task,
That same drive to thrive and stay alive.
Its purposefully placed position proves perfect,
An attestment as to how Amelie arrived.

Twas a magical moment that made me modest,
The happiest half hour I've ever had,
Perhaps a precursor to the pleasures of parenting,
Thank you, God, I'm going to be a Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment